So I’ve been doing more than a few Oscar-related posts but not as many films for the regular Crash Course format. That is because (pick one):
- I wanted to get the Oscar posts done before the Oscars.
- I’ve been coping with paperwork processing for onboarding for a new job.
- I’ve been wrapping things up with the old job.
- I’ve been taking advantage of Alex being away by doing some spring cleaning of the house and Kondo-izing the hey out of a couple closets.
- The movie I have to review is Citizen Kane and that’s intimidating.
- I’ve been trying to get all the movie reviews copied over to the new site so I can start rolling it out to bloglists and such. I have only fifty more to copy over and I’ll be done.
- It’s my birthday (today) and I feel idleness on one’s birthday is a…birthright.
- My procrastination has been taking the form of crafty things (I’ve made five container candles and upcycled a Pringles tub into a tea canister, gave some wall art a makeover and have actually done tablescapes with candles and trays from thrift stores and the like). These are things that do occupy time somewhat, and make other messes so then you need to clean them up, especially after you’d just spent a half hour scrubbing the sink…
- I discovered that Netflix has streaming rights to a British TV series with British comedienne Jo Brand where she follows around various RSPCA staff and vets trying to rescue and re-home tiny adorable homeless kittens and to be perfectly frank that kind of television can’t watch itself.
- All of the above.
But I’m determined to get the next review done tonight, so I can watch the next film tonight- and get that reviewed in time to watch the next two films after Alex returns. He’s on his own personal movie challenge – a rewatch of classic horror films – and wanted to piggyback on The Wolf Man, coming up in the next couple days for me.
Right. Citizen Kane. Here we go.